Watch the video here.
In a food processor, put
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3 tbsps caster sugar
Blend then add 1/2 cup of cold cubed butter
Blend about 4 pulses
Add 1 egg yolk and up to 3 tbsps cold water
Pulse till almost comes together – remove, wrap and refrigerate about 20 minutes
Roll dough and put into an 8″ or 9″ tart pan with removable bottom or a regular pie plate
Click image to view video.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or reg milk with 2 drops of white vinegar)
- 2 tbsps. lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup ricotta (I drain mine in a strainer for about 2 hours to remove as much liquid as possible)
- 3 tbsps sugar
- 1-2 tbsps grated lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- 2-1/4 tsps. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup very cold butter cut up
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
Mix together the egg, buttermilk, lemon juice and vanilla. Add the lemon zest and the ricotta and mix well.